Monday, February 1, 2010

Swimming

I am not a good swimmer because I never took any swimming lessons at all. I just wanted to learn it myself, like watch others, and do it yourself (the famous DIY approach :P - not very convincing example?).

If it was not SS, I would not have started going to pool regularly, so a big thanks to her for the push. I have always loved swimming, even in those times when I couldn't even swim one inch but this does not mean that you can't love a thing, right? So yeah I always wanted to swim but never could do for many reasons, mainly my laziness. But since I have started going to Lloyd Elsmore pool, I can now do one lap in one go :P (yeah it may be funny to someone who can swim fine but for me it is pretty good learning - so am happy). Today I tried to do reverse swim or back-swimming (whatever you call it) and I was amazed to see that I could do the half of the lap that way. I loved it.

Swimming is a lot of fun and good workout as well (well kind of). Plus you got to see and meet more people just like 2 days ago I met a guy who came to the pool with his 3 or 4 years old boy. He is from India and a very nice family. Today we went his place at dinner after swimming. His wife made very nice chicken biryani and some chicken gravy dish, the food was delicious. Had a good chat with them as well. So yeah I was saying that 'swimming is fun' ;) hehehe

We also bought the swimming goggles today and although it irritates me but it has a positive affect on the body movements under water because now you can open your eyes safely and see under water. It really helps improving confidence under water and swimming. Thanks again to SS to buy it for me otherwise I was not convinced to spend couple of bucks on 'em :P

After the efforts of almost a month now (during which I didn't go swimming every day though), I can swim across the lap in one go but my near future (say 2 weeks) target is to do the full round (go and return) in one go like without a pause or resting for a while. It will be then when I think I can say that I can swim (please please, let me say that much after this, thanks). I hope that I stay regular (at least 3/4 times a week) because this is the only physical activity that I am doing at the moment. Although I want to go running and gym as well but guess I'll have to keep something in the contingency bag as well for just in case I get bored from swimming :P

I think after writing (and reading if anyone is) all this, it is now quite evident and lucid that I do love swimming and that I want to continue it. Let's hope and see if that happens (I would like to be optimistic for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment