Friday, November 9, 2012

Run a Little Run a Lot - Just Run !

So since my last post about running, I have continue running and have completed the 8th weeks and next week will be the 9th and last week of the C25K program that I have been following.

It feels great that now I can run for 30 minutes straight, compared to earlier when I started and could run for couple minutes only in one go. I found it to be a continuous argument between your mind and body such as that your body may take you beyond what your mind tells you can actually do. So when it comes to running I like to follow this quote that my work colleague, my running mentor, buddy and motivator (AF) recently have shared with me.
 



So while I was in week 8, I also participated (along with my running buddy) in this charity run Run4Fun that took place in the Sydney Olympic Park on 4th November. Since it was my first ever run, I registered for 3K run only and surprised myself by finishing in 15 mins and 40 secs. Felt great, accomplishing actually.





Got my first medal for participating and finishing the run.










In few weeks, another run is happening in Balmain for 5K which I'm not so sure about yet, only because it is bit far from my place but will see if I can register for that as well.

Next target is surely the 10K mark because after graduating from this #c25k program, I will already be running 5Ks in one go. So 10K is the next target (iff I keep on running that I'm hopeful about).

Until then, my motto is going to be 'Run Shak Run' (self motivation often is the key to achieve what you want).

No comments:

Post a Comment